We have all played under this captain, you know the ones, they never bowl, they always shy away from that end during net sessions, yet when all else is lost they are the first to take the ball from the umpires hand after lunch.
In honor of these brave men in international cricket we [when I say we, I mean Andy and I have wasted 2 hours of our real jobs] have compiled a strong 11 including someone to carry the drinks. The side does include some generally good part-timers in Sachin & Border, as well as the truly ugly bowlers in Atherton & Taylor, we even included a few talking points with Hansie making the side, and Salman also providing food for thought considering he has never bowled a 'no-ball'. Yet we wanted to keep it purely part-time only and the less the wickets the further down the order you would find yourself.
|Would you let this man open the bowling?|
1. Sachin Tendulkar - Right-arm offbreak, Legbreak googly - 55- 53.06
2. Hansie Cronje - Right-arm medium - 43 -29.95
3. Allan Border - Slow left-arm orthodox - 39 - 39.10
4. Graham Gooch - Right-arm medium - 23 - 46.47
5. Geoff Boycott - Right-arm medium - 7 - 54.47
6. Ricky Ponting (Captain) - Right-arm medium - 5 - 48.40
7.Mike Atherton - Legbreak - 2 - 151.00
8. David Gower - Right-arm offbreak - 1 - 20.00
9. Salman Butt - Right-arm offbreak - 1 - 106.00
10. Nasser Hussain - Legbreak - 0 (30 overs)
11. Alec Stewart (Keeper) - Right-arm medium - 0 (20 balls)
12th Man - Mark Taylor - Right-arm medium - 1 - 26.00